We are looking for student interns in Philadelphia for a part-time, 20-30 hours per week. The internships can either be a 3-month or 6-month long position. We also work to align with your university’s internship track timeframe. Please note desired timeframe in the application.
Applications are reviewed regularly and will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Education areas of study: Communication/ Marketing/ Culinary Arts/ English/ Journalism/ Web Development/ Sales/ PR
This position will teach the intern various skills in the publishing industry, which includes administrative, production, print and web editorial, and fulfillment. The intern will have the opportunity to be involved in photo shoots, and do some light travel. This position is eligible for school credits with proper coordination by the intern with their educational institution.
Spoonful Magazine is an independent food magazine that celebrates home cooking, the art of entertaining and local artisans.
Editorial/Web Intern Duties:
• Proofreading/ copy editing
• Reads, evaluates, and reports on submissions
• Performs administrative work
• Answers inquiries related to editorial submissions and questions
• Edits and proofs deliverables and promotional materials
• Writes miscellaneous copy as needed
• Seeks out new contributors for web and print platforms by reading print and online magazines and blog, etc.
• Works on special projects as assigned
• Assists editorial staff as needed
Marketing/Business Intern Duties:
• Assists in daily orders and order processing
• Sets up store accounts and follows up with overdue balances, reconciling expenses, basic accounting assistance
• Serves customers questions and concerns
• Learns the operation and flow of information by receiving and distributing communications related to partnership requests and distribution related queries
• Implements strategies in E-commerce management, fulfillment logistics
• Assists with setting up new wholesale accounts; Responds to general inquiries related to wholesale
• Helps map, forecast and implement marketing strategies for new projects
• Creates systems for fulfilling and managing E-commerce orders
• Provides general support for marketing team
Desired skills for all categories:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Proficient in Excel
• Familiarity in InDesign, Lightroom, and Photoshop is considered an advantage
• Summer: Applications should be received by March 31, 2017